Electronic Air Cleaners Sales & Installation
With all of the different air purification systems on the market, it can be hard to determine which one is best for your space. Electronic air cleaners are a great option for all homes because they:
- Remove pollutants – using electrically charged filters to eliminate contaminants including bacteria, pollen, pet dander, and viruses
- Protect your home – keeping your HVAC system working more efficiently, reducing the needs for repairs and extending its lifespan
- Have easy maintenance – using reusable filters that are easily removed and washed every few months
Electronic air cleaners are also highly economical. For professional electronic air cleaner installation for your home or business, “Don’t call the other guy, call MHI!” We’ve been serving the Portland area for nearly 50 years and we strive for customer satisfaction! We’re your local Trane authorized dealer!
What is an Electronic Air Cleaner?
Electronic air cleaners, also called electronic air purifiers or ionizers, are designed to remove air pollutants using electrical-charged filters. They can be installed in your HVAC system or be a portable unit. Here’s how they work:
- Air passes through your HVAC system through metal pre-filters where larger-sized particles are trapped.
- Smaller particles pass through what’s called an ionizer section where they’ll get electrically-charged and passed into the collector section.
- Opposite electrically-charged metal plates attract the small particles and collect them.
- Clean air exits the unit and back into the HVAC system.
- Do Electronic Air Cleaners Actually Work?
Electronic air cleaners are highly effective in removing particulates in your indoor air, which can relieve symptoms associated with asthma, allergies, and respiratory illness such as COPD. They’re also helpful in capturing smog and tobacco smoke particles. Because electronic air cleaners generate ozone from electrical discharges, more modern units, include a filter to remove ozone emitted. Models with efficient filters will have high MERV (Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value) ratings.
The Benefits of Electronic Air Cleaners
Electronic air cleaners are a highly effective air filtration system. Below are some of their best features.
- Prevent dust build-up
- Removes allergy triggers such as airborne mold, pollen, and pet dander
- Removes bacteria-sized particles and fungi from the air
- Maximizes your HVAC life expectancy
- Traps airborne particles less than a micron in size
- Performs silently, 24-hours a day
- Helps improve energy-savings
Experts in Electronic Air Cleaners
Air cleaners are not only highly effective but also efficient in removing many of the most common allergy irritants from mold and dust to pet dander and pollen. If you’re interested in an electronic air cleaner for your home or business, contact us. We’re proud to be a premier provider of quality air purification systems in the Portland OR area and we’d be happy to help you. We provide free estimates!